Zucchini pasta with creamy cashew bell pepper sauce, a dish that is perfect on a warm summer day like this.
It is easy and quick to prepare, and it's not too heavy.
If you don't like zucchini pasta you can substitute with wheat spaghetti or other pasta.
Roasting bell peppers in the oven make the whole house smell like roasted peppers. For me, that's one of the best things in the world and reminds me of my childhood.
Another pasta recipes you might want to try: my Quick and easy pesto pasta, Creamy chanterelle mushroom pasta, Crunchy spinach pasta casserole or gluten-free Lemongrass-jackfruit curry with rice noodles.
- 1 cup cashew nuts, presoaked
- 3 bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 medium zucchinis
- a handful of pumpkin seeds
- Presoak cashews for at least 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 F (260 C). Place bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, until charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven. Let them cool for a few minutes and then peel the skins off, seeds and stems.
- In a high-speed blender or a food processor add presoaked cashews, roasted and peeled bell peppers, 1 tsp garlic powder, and ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- Use spiralizer to spiralize zucchini into noodles.
- Add cashew bell pepper mixture to your zucchini noodles and toss to coat.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds for some extra crunch.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.