Quick and easy zucchini fritters recipe. These fritters are gluten-free and vegan. This is the perfect snack or side dish.
Vegan zucchini fritters. No egg, no milk, and no gluten (gluten is vegan btw). Yes, that is possible. The best thing is that they are super easy and really quick to make. It takes only 30 minutes to make these fritters. How to make zucchini fritters vegan? Simple. Instead of eggs, I used chickpea flour (this has been my favorite ingredient lately). Chickpea flour holds fritters together and has that eggy texture.
INGREDIENTS IN A ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
- Zucchini: This is the star ingredient in this recipe.
- Chickpea flour: This is what holds your fritters together. Don´t substitute chickpea flour.
- Oat milk: You can substitute for any other plant-based milk if you like.
- Salt: To season.
- Black pepper: To taste.
- Oil: To sautee your fritters. I used olive oil. Any cooking oil will do. Reminder: If you use coconut oil, your fritters will get a coconut taste.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Make sure to squeeze out excess water from shredded zucchini. Removing excess water is the key to crispy fritters. Use your hands, or with cheesecloth.
- Don't substitute chickpea flour! This is what holds your fritters together.
- Make sure your skillet is preheated before adding zucchini mixture to the skillet.
- Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you like zucchini here are my other zucchini recipes you might like to try:
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cut oat milk
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
1. Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Use a box grater to shred zucchini.
2. Place shredded zucchini in a big bowl and add ½ tsp of salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the chickpea flour, oat milk, and black pepper. Whisk together until well combined, and no lumps remain.
4. Squeeze out excess water from shredded zucchini using your hands, or with cheesecloth.
5. Add chickpea mixture to your zucchini and stir until all well combined.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time, flattening with the back of the spoon.
8. Sauté for 2-4 minutes per side, until crisp and golden brown.
Serving Size4 fritters
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 620mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 8gSugar 13gProtein 13g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.