Basil hummus recipe is a quick and easy homemade hummus recipe. It's smooth and creamy with a fresh taste of lemon and basil.
1. In a strainer over a large bowl, drain the chickpeas reserving the liquid.
2. Peel the chickpeas (optional but will result in creamier hummus).
3. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend (pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl) until smooth. If your hummus is too thick add a tablespoon or two of chickpea liquid or water.
4. Taste and season with additional salt, basil, or lemon juice if needed.
5. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with any topping that you would like. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 540mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g
Mention @plantbaked_kitchen or tag #plantbaked_kitchen!