Walnut banana bread is the BEST banana recipe. It is vegan, delicious, topped with walnuts and lingonberries, and is sure to be a new favorite!
Last time I was at Ikea I ate vegan walnut banana bread that was delicious. Therefore I wanted to recreate this banana bread.
To be clear, this is not a copycat, just inspired by Ikeas bread. Important to emphasize this so you don't expect it to taste exactly like Ikeas and get disappointed.
When you are craving something sweet but still want it to be healthy(-ish), this bread is what you are looking for. It´s not too sweet, but enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
But don't take my word for it. Instead, try it and let me know what you think.
Does banana bread need to be refrigerated?
You don't have to refrigerate banana bread, but you should keep it in a plastic wrap or an airtight container to keep it from drying out.
However, if you want to extend the life of your walnut banana bread, it should be stored in an airtight container for up to about a week in a refrigerator.
How to tell when your bread is done?
I like to use the toothpick method to determine if the banana bread is done. Also this works for other cakes and baked goods.
Stick the toothpick in the middle of your bread. If there's a wet batter on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your banana bread is done.
For more dessert recipes make sure to check out my No-bake cacao coconut tart, Coconut mango tart, Chocolate chip cherry nice cream, Amaretto ice chocolate, and Frozen blueberry cheesecake.
Walnut banana bread
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) walnuts + a handful to garnish
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) water
- 2 cups (4,8 dl) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lingonberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, place two peeled bananas and mash them using a fork.
- Add walnuts in a food processor and process until nuts are fine and evenly ground. Don't process too long or they will become oily.
- Add ground walnuts, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, water, and all-purpose flour to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the pan, top with chopped walnuts and lingonberries, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test the bread with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
If you try this walnut banana bread recipe, please let me know. Leave a comment! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes.
Muss ich ganz schnell nach backen!