This vegan pea soup is super creamy and only uses 8 ingredients. It's made from frozen peas, coconut milk, and cilantro for flavor. Simple but flavorful soup recipe.
To make this soup you'll need a high-speed blender or immersion blender and a few simple ingredients. If you don't have either, you can use a food processor to blend. This recipe is quite straightforward and quick to make.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Creamy texture: This soup has the perfect amount of creaminess and flavor without any dairy. The coconut milk gives it such an ultra-creamy texture that you'll want to eat every last drop!
Easy to make: This recipe comes together really quickly and is fuss-free. It takes less than 30 minutes from star to finish.
Simple ingredients: You can't go wrong with this delicious, creamy soup. It's made from simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now!
- Onion and garlic: For flavor. Use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Green peas: Use frozen peas. If using fresh peas cooking time might be a bit longer.
- Vegetable stock cube: To substitute use vegetable broth or stock, but in that case reduce the amount of water. Another good substitute is miso paste.
- Coconut milk: Use full-fat canned coconut milk. Using full-fat milk will contribute to a very rich and creamy texture.
- Fresh cilantro: It´s important to use fresh cilantro for flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Add oil into a large pot with chopped onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add frozen green peas, water, and vegetable stock cube to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until peas are tender, for 5-10 minutes.
Add coconut milk and chopped cilantro to the pot and simmer for a few more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup, or if using a high-speed blender transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour your soup into bowls. Top with green peas, fresh cilantro, and drizzle some coconut milk.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Make sure to blend until creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender use a regular blender. My container is big enough for the whole batch. This saves me some time. If your container is smaller, pour it into a blender in batches, until everything is thick and creamy.
- Use full-fat coconut milk for the right texture.
- Fresh cilantro is essential for the right flavor. If you absolutely can't stand cilantro, switch up the herbs. In that case, use basil or parsley.
Store your soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
OTHER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
CREAMY VEGAN PEA SOUP
- High-speed blender
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen green peas
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- a handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil into a large pot. Add in chopped onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add frozen green peas, water, and vegetable stock cube to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until peas are tender, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chopped cilantro and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup, or if using a high-speed blender transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to bowls. Top with coconut milk, green peas, and fresh cilantro.
- Make sure to blend until creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender use a regular blender.
Leave a Reply