Vegan lentil and spinach lasagna, satisfying and comforting vegan dinner recipe.
Don’t get discouraged by the number of ingredients for this recipe. This lasagna comes together pretty easy.
You´ll need to make pasta sauce, white sauce, assemble your lasagna and bake.
I´m not going to lie to you. It takes a bit longer than most of my recipes, but almost half of the time is the baking time. That means not that much effort required from you while it´s baking.
I hope you’ll like this hearty and nourishing vegan lentil and spinach lasagna. My preference is serving it with a fresh salad on the side.
Vegan lentil & spinach lasagna
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g (1,1 lb) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (400g) (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) water
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) cooked green lentils
- 50 g (0,11 lb) vegan butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (4,8 dl) oat milk (or other plant-based milk)
- To make pasta sauce, in a large pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped onion and garlic with some oil. Sauté until soft.
- Add spinach, crushed tomatoes, white miso paste, tomato paste, water, and oregano. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked green lentils, salt and black pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (446°F).
- To make the white sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly. Cook for about 2 minutes, but don’t brown.
- Stir in oat milk gradually, constantly stirring. Cook over low heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To assemble your lasagna, spread some pasta sauce on the bottom of casserole dish. Place 4 noodles on the top. Spread a layer of pasta sauce over the lasagna noodles and top with noodles. Repeat layering two more times to create three complete layers. Top with lasagna noodles.
- To finish, spread the white sauce over the top layer of noodles.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.