This vegan chipotle mayonnaise recipe is easy to make at home. Just 5 minutes and 5 simple ingredients are all you need for the best vegan chipotle mayo.
- Aquafaba: Aquafaba is the liquid leftover from cooked chickpeas. To substitute you can use white bean liquid. Both work equally well.
- Oil: Use neutral-tasting oil like canola oil, vegetable, or sunflower oil. Olive oil gives this recipe a bit bitter flavor that overpowers the flavor of the mayonnaise and changes the taste of the recipe to not so pleasant taste.
- Dijon mustard: Adds great flavor to the mayonnaise.
- Chipotle: For this recipe, I used chipotle paste. If you'll like to substitute, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or chipotle chili powder are great alternatives.
- Lemon: Even though we are using a small amount of lemon juice, it is important not to skip adding it to your mayonnaise. Lemon juice is an important ingredient as it balances out the flavor and adds a little acid to the mayo.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Use a food processor, high-speed blender, or immersion blender to blend everything together.
- Pour the oil very slowly, little by little while you continue to blend.
- Make sure not to over-blend the mayo. Over blending can cause it to break. Blend it just until you reach the right mayonnaise form and then stop.
- Add one teaspoon chipotle paste before adding more. Do the taste test to make sure your mayonnaise is not too spicy. We are aiming for a spicy flavor, but not too spicy.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- ½ cup aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
1. Add all the ingredients except oil to a high-speed blender or a food processor.
2. Turn the machine on and very slowly pour the oil through the feed tube.
3. Blend until the oil is combined and mayonnaise has thickened. Turn the machine off when you reach the desired thickness. Make sure not to over blend, as that can cause it to break.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If using an immersion blender, add all the ingredients except oil to a tall cylindrical container. Combine the ingredients using an immersion blender at medium speed, until the mixture becomes frothy.
Slowly begin to pour oil into the mixture until your mayonnaise has thickened.
Serving Size¼ of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 485Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 50gCholesterol 0mgSodium 205mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.