Delicious summer raspberry cake recipe that is vegan and gluten-free. This summer dessert recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect when you crave a fresh and healthy raspberry cake.
Summer is the perfect time to indulge in sweet treats, and what better way to satisfy your sweet tooth than with a delightful summer raspberry cake! This cake is not only delicious but also easy to make, making it the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Made with aquafaba, oat flour, almond flour, and coconut sugar, this cake is gluten-free and vegan-friendly. The addition of fresh raspberries gives it a burst of fruity flavor and a pop of color. Don't forget to chill the coconut milk overnight to make the coconut whipped cream that perfectly complements the cake. Serve it up at your next gathering and watch as your guests swoon over every bite.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Refreshing flavors: With its combination of moist and fluffy cake and juicy, sweet raspberries, this dessert is the perfect treat for warm weather.
- Easy to make: This recipe is simple and straightforward, making it an ideal choice for novice bakers or those short on time.
- Delicious leftovers: If you have any leftovers, this cake tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld together!
INGREDIENTS IN THIS SUMMER RASPBERRY CAKE
- Aquafaba: Aquafaba is a leftover chickpea liquid. Using liquid from white beans works as well. This is a vegan egg replacer.
- Flour: Oat and almond flour for a gluten-free cake batter.
- Coconut sugar: This unique type of sugar has a delightful caramel flavor that's the perfect complement to the raspberries in this recipe.
- Butter: To make this recipe vegan-friendly, you'll need a non-dairy butter like Miyoko's, Earth Balance, or a similar brand.
- Milk: Any non-dairy milk will work for this recipe, but oat milk is a great option for its creamy texture.
- Coconut milk: To make coconut whipped cream it is necessary to chill the coconut can overnight in the refrigerator to harden. The cream will separate from the liquid. The reason for this is that we are going to scoop the hardened coconut cream, and only use the cream to make whipped cream.
- Raspberry: Fresh raspberries are the star of this recipe, providing a burst of juicy sweetness and a beautiful pop of color. Be sure to use fresh raspberries for the best flavor, appearance, and texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- One key step is to ensure that you chill the coconut milk overnight in the fridge to allow the fat to separate from the liquid. Be sure to use full-fat coconut milk for the best results.
- Additionally, it's important to chill the cake completely before adding the whipped coconut cream and raspberries to ensure that the dessert sets properly.
- And when it comes to raspberries, opt for fresh ones to get the perfect flavor and texture. Avoid using frozen raspberries, as they tend to lose their flavor when thawed.
By following these simple tips, you'll be able to create a delicious and impressive summer raspberry cake that's sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a sweet treat for yourself!
OTHER RASPBERRY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Summer Raspberry Cake
- 1 electric mixer
- ½ cup of aquafaba chickpea liquid
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ⅓ cup of coconut sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 75 g of vegan butter
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cup of fresh raspberry
- Chill the full-fat coconut milk overnight in the refrigerator to allow it to harden.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Pour the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) from the canned chickpeas into a mixing bowl and whisk using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Continue whisking until it has more than doubled in size, and is white and foamy.
- Gradually add the oat and almond flour to the mixture, whisking constantly until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Pour in the non-dairy milk and keep whisking.
- Add a pinch of salt, coconut sugar, and melted vegan butter. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Grease a 9-inch (22 cm) springform pan and pour in the cake batter.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before topping it with coconut whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge without shaking it. Scrape out the thickened cream, leaving the liquid behind.
- Place the thickened coconut cream in a mixing bowl and beat it with a mixer until creamy. Add 2 tbsp of coconut sugar and mix until the cream is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the coconut whipped cream on top of the cake and add fresh raspberries as a topping.
Leave a Reply