Delicious summer raspberry cake recipe that is vegan and gluten-free. This summer dessert recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect when you crave a fresh and healthy raspberry cake.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS SUMMER RASPBERRY CAKE
- Aquafaba: Aquafaba is a leftover chickpea liquid. Using liquid from white beans works as well. This is a vegan egg replacer.
- Flour: Oat and almond flour for a gluten-free cake batter.
- Coconut sugar: Coconut sugar has a kind of caramel flavor. The caramel flavor is what we are after in this recipe.
- Butter: Non-dairy butter like Miyoko´s, Earth Balance, or similar.
- Milk: Any non-dairy milk will work. I used oat milk.
- Coconut milk: To make coconut whipped cream it is necessary to chill coconut can overnight in the refrigerator to harden. The cream will separate from the liquid. The reason for this is that we are going to scoop the hardened coconut cream, and only use the cream to make whipped cream.
- Raspberry: Use fresh raspberries for better flavor, appearance, and texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- One important step is to chill coconut milk overnight in the fridge. This is necessary for the fat to separate from the liquid. Use full-fat coconut milk for this.
- Chill the cake completely before adding whipped cream and raspberries.
- Use fresh raspberries for the right flavor and texture. Frozen raspberries lose their flavor when thawed.
OTHER RASPBERRY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Summer raspberry cake
- ½ cup aquafaba chickpea liquid
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 75 g vegan butter
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cup fresh raspberry
- 1. Chill coconut milk overnight in the refrigerator to harden.
- 2. Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3. In a mixing bowl pour chickpea liquid from canned chickpeas (aquafaba) and whisk using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Whisk until it´s more than doubled in size, white and foamy.
- 4. Add a little flour and whisk, adding more and whisking until all flour (both oat and almond flour) is used.
- 5. Pour milk into the mixture and keep whisking.
- 6. Add a pinch of salt, coconut sugar, and melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- 7. Pour cake batter into a 9 inch (22 cm) greased springform.
- 8. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 9. Let the cake cool completely before topping the cake with coconut whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- 10. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without shaking the can. Scrape out the thickened cream, leaving the liquid behind.
- 11. Place the thickened coconut in the mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until creamy. Add 2 tbsp coconut sugar and mix until creamy and smooth.
- 12. Spread coconut whipped cream and top with fresh raspberries.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.