A vegan chocolate cake recipe that is simple and takes less than 30 minutes to make. This one layer cake is the perfect vegan dessert for any occasion.
I don't even know how to describe this chocolate cake in the best way. It´s fudgy, but fluffy, with melted dark chocolate chunks It´s satisfying but light at the same time. It will satisfy your chocolate cravings, I promise.
If you put it in a fridge it will get more brownie and less fluffy texture. It´s up to you to decide which texture you like the best.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
- Aquafaba: It's a chickpea liquid that whips and creates foam. To substitute use white bean liquid.
- Almond milk: For this recipe, I used almond milk, but any non-dairy milk will work.
- Agave syrup: Can be substituted with maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Butter: Vegan (non-dairy butter) like Earth Balance butter or use neutral-tasting vegetable oil.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- This cake might look underdone at first. A toothpick test will not work here. We are aiming for a moist consistency.
- When placed in a refrigerator it will get a more compact brownie-like consistency.
OTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- ½ cup aquafaba canned chickpea liquid
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 150 g vegan butter melted
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped (or chocolate chips)
- powdered sugar optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, add the liquid from canned chickpeas (aquafaba) and whisk using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Whisk until it´s more than doubled in size, white and foamy.
- 3. Add a little flour and whisk, adding more and whisking until all flour is used.
- 4. Pour milk into the mixture and keep whisking.
- 5. Add cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, agave syrup, and melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- 6. Add chopped chocolate and stir with a spatula.
- 7. Pour cake batter into a 9 inch (22 cm) greased springform.
- 8. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 9. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.