Just thinking of a semolina pudding brings back so many nostalgic childhood memories. Every time we ( my siblings and I) were out of sweets, and started craving sugar, we made this pudding, and it was the best and tastiest thing in the whole world. I probably thought so because I was 11 years old and didn´t care at all how 10 spoons of sugar affected my body.
Now that I’m more aware of the food I’m eating I’m always trying to make a healthier and veganised version of the same foods I used to eat. That is why I’ve made chia jam instead of regular one, and used agave syrup instead of sugar.
This semolina pudding recipe is very simple to make. All you need is 5 ingredients and 5-10 minutes of your time and effort. Let it cool down and set, top with strawberry chia jam, and you have a perfect and delicious dessert to enjoy.
- 100g (0,22 lb) frozen strawberries
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 8 dl (3,2 cups) oat milk (or other non-diary milk)
- 5 tbsp agave syrup
- 8 tbsp semolina
- Start with making chia jam. Thawn the strawberries in a microwave.
- Once the strawberries are thawed, use a fork to mash them up to your desired consistency.
- Stir in one tbsp of chia seeds and one tbsp agave syrup.
- Let the mixture rest, until your pudding sets, to let chia seeds absorb moisture.
- Make semolina pudding. Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring it to boil over a medium heat together with agave syrup.
- Lower the heat and add semolina. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a
- Let it cool down for a while.
- Top with strawberry chia jam and serve.