Seed crackers, easy and healthy vegan and gluten-free snack recipe. Crispy and crunchy, a perfect snack with some spread on or on their own.
This is a super easy snack recipe that comes together in no time. Baking time is a bit longer but it doesn’t require any work from your side. Just set the timer and in an hour you’ll have a delicious and crispy snack.
Something you should know, they are slightly addictive. When I say slightly addictive, I mean extremely addictive.
When making this seed crackers, don’t skip to sprinkle with sea salt. It’s not optional. I can tell you that it’s not as good without sea salt. I forgot once and it’s not that the crackers didn’t taste good, but sea salt gives this recipe a bit more flavor.
Another important step is to make the crackers really thin. Covering with plastic wrap will make it much easier to press out the mixture with your hands. And mess-free. You can thank me later.
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) whole flaxseed
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) corn flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) hot boiled water
- sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C (302°F).
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except sea salt, and let sit for a few minutes.
- Line large baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Spread mixture out evenly and as thin as possible. Cover with plastic wrap and press out the mixture with your hands. Take off the wrap.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 1 hour, until crispy.
- Let cool completely and break into appropriately sized shards.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.