Savoury crepes (thin pancakes) filled with portobello mushrooms and cashew cream. Well, that sounds like a fantastic breakfast, lunch or dinner if you ask me.
Crepes are just another version of pancakes. The batter of the crepes is thinner, and you can make them sweet or savoury, and with any toppings of your choice.
I’ve always been a crepe lover, but I’ve eaten it almost always sweet, filled with Nutella.
If you’re into mushrooms, make sure to check out my Creamy chantarelle mushroom pasta!
- 1 ½ cup (3 dl) flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½tsp salt
- 2 ½ cup (6 dl) oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cup (2,4 dl) soaked cashews
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 medium-sized portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- one handful finely chopped parsley
- one handful pine nuts
- Start with making crepe batter. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, oat milk and sunflower oil. Wisk until no lumps remain.
- Cover the batter and set aside, at room temperature.
- To make cashew cream, place soaked cashews, water, a clove of garlic and 1 tsp salt in a food processor or a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Saute sliced mushrooms in a pan with oil and 1/3 tsp salt. Saute until they soften and give off their liquid.
- Add cashew cream to pan, finely chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat a frying pan or a crepe pan, add a little oil, so it doesn’t stick.
- Pour 1/8th of batter into the pan. Distribute it quickly across the surface.
- Cook the first side until the surface of the crepe is golden and dry underneath. Gently flip it with a spatula.
- Cook the other side for about a minute.
- Repeat until all the batter is finished.
- Place 2 tbsp of mushroom-cashew filling into the center of each crepe, wrap and top with pine nuts.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.