I've been away from my blog for a while because you know, life happened.
I had a baby girl a few weeks ago, and she is taking up all of my time. You all mamas out there knows what I'm talking about.
I barely have time to eat, and recipe developing is a bit behind. But it's not like I've been consistent with my posts before, and I'm probably not going to post consistently for a while either.
Roasting vegetables is a perfect way to make dinner without having to be in the kitchen the whole time.
This recipe takes about half an hour to prepare. Perfect for when short in time.
I don't know why I haven´t used the oven more often. What I do know is that from now on, it will be used more frequently and that my oven and I are at the beginning of our love relationship.
Roasting food in an oven can be a lifesaver for busy parents. I know it will be my lifesaver at least.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 120g (4,2 ounces) tahini paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100 ml (½ cup) lukewarm water
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ lemon, juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes, chop broccoli and red bell peppers.
- Add to a mixing bowl and season with sunflower oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add to a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, add chickpeas to a preheated frying pan with a tablespoon of oil, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Sautè over medium heat, stirring frequently, until starting to brown.
- Prepare tahini sauce. Whisk tahini paste, pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt and lukewarm water in a bowl until combined.
- Divide roasted vegetables and chickpeas between two serving plates. Drizzle with tahini sauce and serve.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.