Roasted sweet potato and black bean salad is a perfect quick vegan, healthy recipe. It takes about 30 minutes from beginning to a ready meal.
Don’t you just love quick and easy recipes? I know I do. My recipes tend to be just that. Simple, quick to make and with a few ingredients. They don’t necessarily meet all those requirements at the same time.
Sometimes they call for more ingredients than I’m mentally ok with, but are super easy and quick to prepare. Sometimes with few ingredients but takes longer than a half an hour that, again, is my mental limit.
This roasted sweet potato and black beans salad has it all. It takes only 30 minutes or less if you are working fast haha. Uses only 7 ingredients and it´s perfectly satisfying lunch or dinner meal.
Roasted sweet potato & black beans salad
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 mango
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) black beans cooked
- Preheat oven to 220°C (428°F).
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Chop cilantro.
- Add sweet potatoes and chopped cilantro to a mixing bowl. Add one tablespoon sunflower oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Add to a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- Peel and dice mango.
- Add diced mango and black beans to a mixing bowl. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Plate salad by adding roasted sweet potatoes to two serving bowls and topping with mango and black beans mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Serve with salsa on the side. (optional)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.