Raw carrot cake, easy vegan and gluten-free dessert recipe. Delicious and quick 9 ingredients cake.
I love no-bake and raw recipes because they are super easy to make. This is not the first raw cake recipe I’ve shared with you. Frozen cherry cake and blueberry cheesecake are similar to this raw carrot cake. If you prefer cherry or blueberry taste feel free to try them out.
For this cake, you will need a food processor. Yes, I know. I use a food processor frequently in my recipes.
Soak the cashews. Don´t skip this step! Soaking will make the filling creamy. If you are short in time, use hot water for soaking to speed up the process.
I wrote that it takes 20 minutes to make the cake, but honestly, it doesn’t even take 20 minutes. The whole cake-making process takes so little time, but waiting for the cake to firm takes forever. Well, it feels like forever, because who wants to wait? It is worth the wait though, I promise you.
Raw carrot cake
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) walnuts
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) shredded carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ (3,6 dl) cashew nuts, soaked
- 1 can (400 ml) (14 oz) coconut milk
- ½ lemon, juice
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 30 min- 1 hour.
- Make crust by adding walnuts and dates to a food processor. Blend/pulse a few times until small bits remain, with a sticky texture.
- Add shredded carrots, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Pulse until carrots are incorporated, but don’t over-blend.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan and press to the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer while making the filling.
- Rinse the food processor. Add soaked cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, and agave syrup and blend for a few minutes, until very creamy and smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
- Place the cake into the freezer to firm for 3-4 hours or until the filling is semi-firm to the touch.
- Before serving, thaw the cake on the counter for 15-30 minutes. Garnish with shredded carrots and walnuts (optional) and serve.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.