Parsley garlic pie is a vegan dinner (or even brunch or lunch) recipe. This savory pie makes a great dinner paired with a fresh salad.
Sweet or savory pie, I could never choose one over the other, because they both own equal parts of my heart. Sweet pie like apple crisp pie, that makes the whole house smell like cinnamon, or creamy and delicious broccoli pie, who could choose. Fortunately, I don't have to choose.
If you don't like garlic this is not a pie for you. Neither is if you are going on a date that same day (read week). In that case, I would recommend choosing some other pie recipe. But if you are a big fan of garlic like me, don't miss out on this delicious garlic pie.
What is graham flour?
Your first thought when you hear graham is probably graham crackers. Graham flour is a form of whole wheat flour. Terms graham flour and whole wheat flour are used interchangeably, but there is a slight difference. Graham flour is a coarser grind than whole wheat flour.
Graham flour should not be confused with gram flour, which is made from ground chickpeas. To emphasize, graham flour is made from wheat and contains gluten, which gram doesn't. This is extremely important to remember if you are gluten intolerant.
I love baking with graham flour, but the bread (or whatever I'm baking) tend to be on the dense side. Blending it with white flour gives it a better texture.
Parsley garlic pie
- ½ cup graham flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 125- gram butter dairy-free
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 8 big cloves garlic finely chopped
- 230- gram firm tofu
- 2 ½ cup of soy yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 440℉ (225℃)
- 2. To make the crust, add graham flour, whole wheat flour, chilled vegan butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Use your hands to work the butter into the flour gradually. Add the water and knead until dough starts to hold together.
- 4. Press the pie dough out into the bottom and sides of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5. While the crust bakes, sauté the chopped garlic until tender.
- 6. In a large bowl, add the tofu block and use your hands to mash the tofu.
- 7. Add soy yogurt, garlic powder, sauteed garlic, and parsley and stir all together. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9. Let cool briefly before cutting. Serve with fresh salad.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Leave a Reply