No bake gingerbread cheesecake, quick and easy, vegan Christmas dessert recipe.
This year I planned to buy all the Christmas gifts at the beginning of December, to avoid doing it last minute like I did every other year. This year was going to be different. Or I thought it would be.
Now that is only ten days until Christmas I feel stressed, and that’s what I wanted to avoid this year. Well, next year maybe I’ll do as planned.
I’m late with all Christmas recipes that I had planned for this year too. But this no-bake gingerbread cheesecake is so delicious that no other Christmas recipes are needed.
- 50 g (0,11lb) vegan butter, melted
- 150 g (0,33 lb) gingerbread cookies
- 1 cup (2,4 dl)vegan whipped cream
- 300g (0,66 lb) vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- In a food processor, combine gingerbread cookies and melted butter. Pulse until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. Place in a refrigerator until the filling is ready.
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer, whip the cream, add cream cheese, coconut sugar, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix until thick and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the prepared springform pan and smooth out the top.
- Garnish with gingerbread cookies (optional).
- Chill the cheesecake in the freezer for a few hours.
- Allow cheesecake to sit at room temperature to soften up before cutting.