No baked cacao coconut tart made under 15 minutes.
- few ingredients
If you ask me that is one perfect dessert.
Lately, I´ve been using coconut sugar a lot. And no, you can not use a substitute for coconut sugar in this recipe.
What coconut sugar does in this recipe is that it gives this tart a slight caramel taste that you won’t get if you substitute it with some other sugar.
A mixture of coconut milk, coconut sugar and cacao is what makes this recipe. The crust is not as important and can be replaced with, probably, any other sweet crust recipe.
I used dates in this crust, and I know that many people dislike them. If you are one of them, go ahead make the crust of digestive biscuits or graham crackers.
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 can, 13,5 oz (4 dl) coconut milk
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- dark chocolate and walnuts to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor mix together walnuts, dates and 1 tbsp cacao.
- Process until combined, but still crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan.
- Now make the filling. Put coconut milk, coconut sugar, arrowroot, and 1 tbsp cacao in a saucepan.
- Whisk together until no lumps remain.
- Bring the mixture to boil at medium heat, whisking constantly, until barely starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into your crust.
- Top with chopped walnuts and dark chocolate. (optional)
- Let it cool and then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let it set.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.