This chocolate tart is no bake, vegan, and gluten-free. It is simple to make and only uses 6 ingredients. And its perfect vegan dessert recipe.
No-bake chocolate coconut tart made under 15 minutes.
- few ingredients
If you ask me that is one perfect dessert.
While I don't have a problem with using regular white sugar, lately, I´ve been using coconut sugar a lot. However, if you would want to substitute coconut sugar in this recipe, I wouldn't recommend it.
What coconut sugar does in this recipe is that it gives this tart a slight caramel taste that you won't get if you substitute it with some other sweetener.
A mixture of coconut milk, coconut sugar, and cacao is what makes this recipe. The crust is not as important and can be replaced with, probably, any other sweet crust recipe.
I used dates in this crust, and I know that many people dislike them. If you are one of them, go ahead make the crust of digestive biscuits or graham crackers.
How to make chocolate tart at home?
Making chocolate tart at home is super easy. Not only the only thing you have to make is the crust and the filling, but this tart is no-bake. Apart from waiting for the tart to set the making process will take only 15 minutes.
For the crust, you will need a food processor. Add walnuts, dates, and cacao, and process until the mixture is combined, and it becomes sticky but crumbly. However, be careful not to overprocess. Now press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan.
To make the filling add coconut milk, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and arrowroot powder in a saucepan. Make sure to whisk together until no lumps remain. Bring the mixture to boil until it barely starts to bubble and whisk constantly. Pour your filling into the crust, and top with walnuts and chocolate.
Let the tart cool completely before placing it in a refrigerator. And let it set for at least 4 hours.
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 can coconut milk (13,5 oz)
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- dark chocolate and walnuts to garnish (optional)
1. In a food processor mix together walnuts, dates, and 1 tbsp cacao.
2. Process until combined, but still crumbly.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan.
4. Now make the filling. Put coconut milk, coconut sugar, arrowroot, and 1 tbsp cacao in a saucepan.
5. Whisk together until no lumps remain.
6. Bring the mixture to boil at medium heat, whisking constantly, until barely starts to bubble.
7. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into your crust.
8. Top with chopped walnuts and dark chocolate. (optional)
9. Let it cool and then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let it set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 490Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 5gSugar 40gProtein 7g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.