Lemon mug cake is a simple cake recipe made in a microwave. It's vegan and gluten-free and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Mug cake is the best cake. Throwing all the ingredients together, putting in a microwave and you get this delicious lemon cake in a mug. Perfect for one and when the cravings kick in.
If you like sweet and tangy this is the treat for you.
INGREDIENTS IN A LEMON MUG CAKE
- Oat flour: For the base of your cake. Use non-contaminated, pure oat flour to make sure this recipe is gluten-free.
- Baking powder: For a lighter and fluffier texture.
- Lemon zest: Do not skip this. It gives additional lemon taste to the cake.
- Lemon juice: For flavor.
- Agave syrup: To add sweetness to the cake. To substitute use, maple syrup, or another sweetener you prefer.
- Pinch of salt: Just a pinch, to balance out the sweetness and enhance the flavor.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Don´t substitute oat flour. Oat flour is the base of the cake. Substituting can result in a dry cake. To make this cake gluten-free make sure to use non-contaminated oat flour.
- Taste and adjust with additional agave syrup or lemon zest if needed.
- Let the cake cool down but eat as soon as possible.
- Top with whipped cream or other toppings of your choice.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you like this recipe and want to try out other quick and easy dessert recipes you might like:
- 6 tbsp oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- pinch of salt
1. In a mug stir together oat flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, agave syrup, and a pinch of salt.
2. Bake in the microwave on 1000W for about 1 ½ minute.
3. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 391mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 6g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.