Lavender nice cream is a plant-based, dairy-free soft-serve dessert free from artificial flavors, added sugar, or preservatives. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and calls for 3 ingredients.
WHAT IS NICE CREAM?
Nice cream is sugar-free and dairy-free soft serve dessert made by blending frozen bananas or other fruit in a food processor or a high-speed blender (depending on the equipment available).
Original nice cream is banana-based, but the term has come to represent any fruit-based, plant-based, dairy-free dessert free from artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, and sugar.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS LAVENDER NICE CREAM RECIPE
- Banana: Use overripe bananas. The ripper bananas are, the sweeter the nice cream will be. Peel and freeze whole bananas. Store in an airtight container, and place in a freezer. You can chop them before freezing or freeze them whole. It's up to you which you prefer. I freeze them whole so that when I want to make nice cream I know how many I use in a recipe.
- Lavender: Although most varieties of lavender can be used in cooking, English lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) is the one most commonly used in cooking. Lavender has a strong flavor, a little goes a long way. If your dessert tastes like soap, either the wrong lavender was used or too much was used.
- Blueberries: Use fresh or frozen blueberry.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Peel and freeze whole bananas. Take them out from the freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes before blending. This will allow it to soften and become easier to blend.
- If using a high-speed processor with a tamper it is possible that you don't need to add milk. Add as much milk as necessary. Start with just a splash before adding more.
- This nice cream tastes best enjoyed immediately, served as soft serve. However, you can pour it into a non-stick loaf pan and freeze it for at least 4 hours or until it is hard enough to scoop out if you are going for a more classic ice-cream look and texture.
- If you are freezing it for a longer time it may require a little room-temperature defrosting to make it scoopable.
OTHER BANANA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1 tsp culinary lavender buds
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- splash of non-dairy milk (if necessary)
1. Take out bananas from the freezer and let them thaw for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add all the ingredients to a food processor (or a high-speed blender). Process until smooth. Add milk if necessary. Blending until smooth and evenly mixed can take a few minutes.
3. Enjoy immediately or pour it into a non-stick loaf pan and leave it in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until it is hard enough to scoop out.
Serving Size½ of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 7gSugar 29gProtein 3g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.