Green pea soup recipe is a vegan soup recipe that contains green peas, carrots, and smoked paprika powder. This soup is delicious, hearty, and warming. Perfect dinner for fall or winter months.
Nothing says comfort food for chilly days as a soup meal. This green pea soup recipe calls for only a handful of ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes. And it's even more warming and comforting served with freshly baked bread.
INGREDIENTS IN A GREEN PEA SOUP RECIPE
- Olive oil: Any other cooking oil will work.
- Onion: For flavor.
- Carrot: Peeled and chopped or diced.
- Vegetable stock cube: For flavor. If you'll like to substitute, use the same amount of vegetable broth as water and omit the water from the recipe.
- Green peas: I used frozen peas. Frozen peas are often flash-steamed before they´re frozen. If using peas that are not flash-steamed, cooking time will be a bit longer.
- Smoked paprika powder: You can use sweet paprika powder to substitute.
- Flour: To thicken the soup. You can use cornstarch to make this soup gluten-free.
- Hot water: For the desired consistency.
- Salt and black pepper: To taste. Taste and add more salt and/or black pepper to your personal preference.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Use frozen peas as they are flash-steamed before they're being frozen. Canned peas can result in a mashy soup.
- Mix one tablespoon of flour with some water before adding it to the soup. Adding flour directly to the soup will result in a lumpy soup, with flour lumps.
OTHER PIE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1,3 lb (600 g) green peas, frozen
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- hot, boiled water
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Add chopped onion and carrots and sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft and transparent.
2. Add green peas, vegetable stock cube, and hot, boiled water, just so much to cover green peas.
3. When the peas are cooked thru, but not overcooked, add one teaspoon smoked paprika and stir.
4. Mix one tablespoon flour with some cold water and stir until combined. Add the mixture to the soup and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Pour more hot water to reach the desired consistency and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Serve with bread.
Amount Per Serving Calories 528Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 345mgCarbohydrates 88gFiber 30gSugar 33gProtein 29g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.