It’s April the 4th, and until this day it was cold, and it has been snowing every week for months now. And as much as I tried not to care and not follow weather forecast every day, it was almost impossible not to obsess and not feel down and depressed.
Today is the first day in like forever that it’s warmer and brings feelings of happiness. Hopefully, spring is here to stay.
Just because it´s spring now(knock on wood, you never know here in Sweden, that can change every second), it doesn’t mean we have to give up on all the good things that are associated with winter. When I say good things, I mean all the wintery, warming meals, like stews and soups. Like this tasty and healthy green pea soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1,3 lb (600 g) green peas
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- hot, boiled water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add chopped onion and carrots and sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add green peas, vegetable stock cube, and hot, boiled water, just so much to cover green peas.
- When the peas are cooked thru, but not overcooked, add one teaspoon smoked paprika and stir.
- Add one tablespoon flour and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour more hot water to reach desired consistency and simmer for few minutes.
- Serve with bread.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.