Garlic bread french toast is a vegan breakfast recipe. Savory french toast that is perfect not just for breakfast, but for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Another vegan savory french toast recipe of mine, but this time with a taste of garlic bread. This is the perfect combination of two recipes. It takes less than 30 minutes to make this french toast, thus it's one of my favorite breakfast recipes.
INGREDIENTS IN A GARLIC BREAD FRENCH TOAST
- Bread: You can use standard French bread or Italian white bread. Using soft sandwich bread can result in a soggy toast.
- Chickpea flour: Don´t substitute chickpea flour. Just don't!
- Salt: To taste. Sauté one slice, taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Oat milk: Use oat milk or other plant-based milk alternatives.
- Garlic: One big clove of freshly minced garlic.
- Parsley: Use fresh parsley for this recipe.
- Oil: Neutral tasting oil like canola oil, light olive oil, sunflower oil.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Use a non-stick pan for the best result, to make sure your french toast doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Use fresh garlic and fresh parsley for the best flavor.
- Don't substitute chickpea flour. Chickpea flour is what gives this recipe eggy flavor and the right texture.
- Standard French bread or Italian white bread is best for this recipe. Soft sandwich bread can result in a soggy toast.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Other savory breakfast recipes with chickpea flour you might like to try:
Garlic bread french toast
- 4-6 bread slices ½ loaf bread
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup oat milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 big garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1. Start with slicing the bread loaf.
- 2. Add ½ cup chickpea flour, ½ tsp salt, minced garlic clove, and chopped parsley into a mixing bowl.
- 3. Add 1 cup oat milk and whisk together until well combined.
- 4. Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5. Dip bread slices in the mixture. Make sure both sides are well coated.
- 6. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until a golden brown and crispy.
- 7. Serve topped with cream cheese or other toppings of your choice.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.