Garam masala coconut curry with chickpeas and cooked quinoa. I have been craving this dish för a while now.
I’ve been away from both cooking and this blog for a few weeks now, because of some health/pregnancy issues, and have missed it a lot. There is nothing better than a homecooked meal, and I missed experimenting in the kitchen. Or just to be able to do some grocery shopping.
Things are not back to normal yet, but I´ll try to do as much as my body allows me, while I’m waiting for the baby to arrive.
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) quinoa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala, powder
- 1 tsp curry, powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried chili flakes to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat a large pan with a tbsp of olive oil and sauté chopped onion and tomatoes, on medium heat until soft.
- Add coconut milk, garam masala, curry and drained chickpeas to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked quinoa. Add a pinch of dried chili flakes to garnish your curry.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.