This is just another frozen cake people. I'm in love with raw frozen cakes (some people will call it cheesecake, but now that I'm sitting on a perfect vegan cheesecake recipe (coming soon) I don't know if I can call this one a cheesecake). Variations of this cake are endless. You can choose whatever taste you are after and just use the base recipe and a little bit of imagination.
This not cheesecake cake is non-vegan approved. Do I need to say more?
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Frozen Cherry Cake
- 2 cups walnuts
- 10 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 ½ cup cashew nuts
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup frozen cherries + 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 50 g dark chocolate + 1 tsp coconut oil
- cacao nibs
- Start with soaking cashews and placing coconut milk in a fridge for a few hours. If you are short on time, cover cashews with boiling water and let sit for 1 hour.
- Place coconut milk in the fridge. Coconut fat will separate from water.
- Make crust by adding walnuts, dates and raw cacao to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend/pulse a few times until small bits remain, with a sticky texture.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan and press it.
- Take out coconut milk can from the fridge. Take just the fat, place in a food processor.
- Place soaked cashew nuts, frozen cherries, coconut oil and coconut fat in the food processor(high-speed blender) and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Taste and add agave syrup for more sweetness.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
- Place ½ cup frozen cherries and 1 tbsp agave syrup in the food processor, mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan on the top of the cake.
- Use a fork to make swirls.
- Place the cake into the freezer to firm.
- Melt the chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil, pour it carefully over, and decorate the cake.
- Topp with cacao nibs and more cherries.
- Serve and enjoy.