Even if it maybe sounds like I'm the expert in the kitchen (I'm not. I'm still learning), honestly, some days I don't even know what I'm doing. I had an idea what the finished meal would be, but the end result came out entirely different. I forgot that peeled and cut potatoes don't take as long time to cook as unpeeled potatoes.
The result came out way better than I thought it would. It maybe doesn't look too good, but I promise you, it's sooo good.
It would be a shame not to share with you. And who doesn't love potatoes anyways?!
As you probably already know I'm from Balkan. Balkan cuisine 101, if you don't know how to season your meal, just use paprika. It will turn out great. Works every time.
If you wonder why I repeatedly season my food with smoked paprika, now you know why.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Fried Potatoes with Smoked Paprika
- 2 lb potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil
- Wash and then peel potatoes. Cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Boil them in salted water for about 15 minutes, until insides become fluffy.
- Drain in a colander.
- Preheat the frying pan with little oil. 1-2 tbsp should be enough.
- Fry the potatoes over medium heat, flipping carefully with a spatula.
- Add one tablespoon of smoked paprika and salt to taste.
- Add more oil if the potatoes start to burn or the pan looks dry.
- Fry until nicely browned, but mushy on the inside.