Creamy chanterelle mushroom pasta is a tasty vegan dinner recipe. This recipe is simple to make and uses only 9 ingredients. A pasta dish to die for.
Every year when it's a chanterelle mushroom season in Sweden, my boyfriend and I are looking for the chanterelles in the woods. But the thing is we always do that at the end of the chanterelle mushroom season when it's non left. And we don't even see the difference between chanterelle mushrooms and other types of mushrooms, similar to the chanterelles but poisonous.
So every year I end up buying mushrooms at the store. But better to be safe than sorry. No free food for us, but we get to live so it's a win if you ask me.
When making this chanterelle pasta make sure to have the right mushroom because there is a look-alike that is poisonous!
Other mushroom recipes you might like to try if you like mushrooms are my Mushroom risotto with truffle oil, made with cremini and white button mushrooms, Mushroom crepes filled with cashew cream, or Funghi pizza with buckwheat crust.
Will this pasta work with other types of mushrooms?
Other mushrooms can work in this dish, but what works best is chaterelle mushrooms. The floral and peppery flavor of the chanterelles is hard to replicate.
However, if you can't find chanterelles in your grocery store feel free to use other types of mushrooms. Please let me know if you use other types and if you liked the dish or not.
- 2 port. pasta
- 1 medium-size yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g (14 oz) chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 dl (½ cup) plant-based cooking cream
- 1 tbsp Chinese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. Chop onion. Preheat a large pan with a tbsp of olive oil and sauté onion, on medium heat until medium soft.
3. Add cleaned chanterelle mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until they start to become soft.
4. Add dried thyme, salt, cooking cream, and soy sauce, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat.
6. To thicken the sauce mix 1 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp water. Add to pan and stir continuously. Stir until sauce thickens.
7. Serve with cooked pasta and a salad of your choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 17mgSodium 1792mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 6g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.