Winter is coming.
It's the season of comfort food, curries, casseroles, soups, etc.
The sweetness of the carrots and the heat of the horseradish makes this creamy carrot horseradish soup a perfect comfort food for winter and the cold weather that is coming.
Horseradish is one of the underrated ingredients. It has some beneficial effects on our health, and if you ask me, it should be used more often in recipes. It is rich in dietary fibers, folate, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese and vitamin C.
In other words, perfect for fighting colds, and strengthening the immune system.
Another soup recipe you might like: Green Pea Soup.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Creamy Carrot and Horseradish Soup
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500 g carrots peeled and diced
- 4 medium-size potatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 ½ cup water
- ½ tsp horseradish grated
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Peel and dice carrots and potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add diced carrots and potatoes and sauté for a few minutes, but don´t let them brown.
- Add in one vegetable stock dice and water. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Use an immersion blender or high-speed blender to purée the soup.
- Add grated horseradish and blend.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or horseradish for a more intense horseradish flavor.
- Garnish with garden cress or other sprouts (optional).