Coconut mango overnight oats is a delicious oatmeal recipe. This recipe is simple to make and is gluten-free. Perfect for making ahead for a quick breakfast.
INGREDIENTS IN MANGO OVERNIGHT OATS
- Oats: To make overnight oats use old-fashioned rolled oats. If using instant or quick oats, the texture can be less than pleasant. Using steel cut oats will result in a much chewier texture and I don't recommend using it as a substitute.
- Chia seeds: You can substitute with ground flax seed.
- Coconut yogurt: For the flavor and consistency. Don't substitute.
- Agave syrup: You can use maple syrup to sweeten your overnight oats. Adjust the amount of sweetener to your taste.
- Coconut milk: Don't use canned milk to substitute. Boxed coconut milk is much more diluted than what you'll find in the can. Or use any dairy-free milk of your choice.
- Mango: Frozen or fresh. Use the one you prefer.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- When making this overnight oats recipe combine all the ingredients well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- If you'll like thinner consistency just add more milk.
- Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if having celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. Oats don't naturally contain gluten, but it is important to make sure there is no cross-contamination with gluten.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener to your taste or leave it out.
- Store, tightly covered (in a bowl with a plastic wrap, mason jar, or in an airtight container), in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk (boxed)
- ½ cup frozen mango (or fresh)
- coconut chips (optional)
1. Add rolled oats, chia seeds, and coconut yogurt into a bowl or a mason jar and mix together.
2. Add agave syrup, coconut milk, and frozen mango pieces and stir well.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight, or at least 6 hours.
4. Before serving top with mango and coconut chips (optional) or any preferred toppings, like nuts or fresh fruit.
Serving Size½ of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 400Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 1mgSodium 128mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 6gSugar 29gProtein 8g
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.