This delicious dairy-free and vegan nice cream recipe has a creamy banana base, packed with sweet cherries and dark chocolate. 3 ingredients are all you need!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Few ingredients - With three ingredients, you can make your own delicious soft-serve cherry banana ice cream!
Healthy - Made from scratch with all natural, fresh and simple ingredients. This healthier take on the original cherry Garcia ice cream is sure to please any sweet tooth!
Easy to make - This is a quick and easy recipe that only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
Can be made in advance and frozen for later use.
- Banana - use ripe bananas. Preferably with a few black spots as they are sweeter.
- Cherry - use frozen cherries for the right consistency.
- Chocolate - dark chocolate. You can use chocolate chips instead.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Peel, chop, and freeze bananas. When frozen, take them out of the freezer and let thaw for 5 minutes before blending. Chop the chocolate.
Place frozen bananas and cherries in the food processor or a high-speed blender and process until creamy. Make sure not to overprocess. The heat from the processor can make your nice cream melt.
Add chopped chocolate, but leave some for the topping. Process just until everything is mixed.
Serve in a bowl topped with chocolate chunks.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Make sure to chop chocolate before blending bananas and cherries. This is important as you don't want your nice cream to melt while doing it. You can decide how big or small chunks you like. If it's more convenient for some reason then use chocolate chips instead!
- Use a splash of non-dairy milk if needed. Just enough to help the food processor or blender move things around. Using too much milk can result in a runny soft serve, or worst case a smoothie.
The best way to enjoy this nice cream is right away, served as soft serve. However if you want it in a more classic ice-cream look and texture then pour the mixture into your nonstick loaf pan before freezing for 4 hours minimum or until it is hard enough to scoop out if you are going for a more classic ice-cream look and texture.
Freezing your nice cream for a longer period of time may cause it to become hard and require some room-temperature defrosting before being scoopable. I recommend using an airtight container for storing in the freezer longer than few hours.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream
- 2 bananas chopped and frozen
- 2 cups cherries frozen
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- Peel, chop and freeze two bananas. When frozen, take them out of the freezer and let thaw for 5 minutes before blending. Chop the chocolate epending on your personal preference..
- Place bananas and frozen cherries in the food processor or high-speed blender, and blend at high speed until it becomes creamy, but make sure not to overprocess.
- Stir the chocolate into the nice cream, leaving some chunks for topping. Process just until everything is mixed together.
- Serve in a bowl topped with chocolate chunks.