Carrot cake smoothie is a creamy smoothie with the flavors of carrot, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, walnuts, banana, and yogurt. Only healthy ingredients that are vegan and gluten-free.
To make this smoothie you'll need just a few simple ingredients, a high-speed blender, and a few minutes. That's the thing with smoothies. They come together in no time, and that's how perfect breakfast is made in my opinion. Quick and easy. Most people don't have much time in the morning or don't want to spend much time in the kitchen in the morning. I know I don't. That's where smoothies come in.
For this recipe, it's important to have a high powered blender that is powerful enough to blend raw carrot. To make it more filling you can add protein powder. In that case, use vanilla protein powder.
INGREDIENTS IN A CARROT CAKE SMOOTHIE
Carrot: This is the star ingredient in this carrot smoothie recipe. Use shredded carrot to help your blender process easier.
Banana: Ripe banana for sweetness and added creaminess. You can use a frozen banana if you like.
Milk: Unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk.
Coconut sugar: For sweetness. You can use maple syrup or agave syrup instead if you like.
Spices: Ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger for traditional carrot cake flavor.
Walnuts: for nutrients, healthy fats, and taste.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY
- Shred the carrot before adding it to a blender.
- Use a high-powered blender to make a creamy carrot cake smoothie.
- Taste and add more coconut sugar or spices if needed.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Carrot cake smoothie
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 medium-size carrot shredded
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ ground ginger
- ¼ ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup yogurt dairy-free
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- 2. Taste and add more spices and/or coconut sugar if needed.
- 3. Serve topped with chopped walnuts, shredded carrot, and a pinch of nutmeg.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.