I have a delicious recipe for an apple pie smoothie that will satisfy your sweet tooth. It's vegan, gluten-free, and has only 4 simple ingredients! Calling all vegans, foodies, health nuts, and anyone who loves the taste of cinnamon apples. Read on to learn how you can create this healthy treat in just 5 minutes or less!
Why you'll love this recipe
If you love fall, this apple smoothie is an easy way to enjoy it in the morning. Not only does it taste like a treat from your favorite bakery, but because of its vegan ingredients and gluten-free components, there's no reason why everyone can't get on board with drinking their pie!
It's the perfect smoothie for the fall and apple season, but I'm sure it will also be delicious year-round. And it's the perfect breakfast or snack on the go!
- Bananas: banana is just right with a few black dots on its skin and it's perfect for blending into a smoothie. How sweet you like your smoothie determines how ripe to keep the bananas. If too ripe, it may be sweeter than expected for a smoothie.
- Apples: make sure you use apples of your choice, I used pink lady.
- Almond milk: unsweetened almond milk or any other plant-based milks are a great option.
- Cinnamon: cinnamon powder to taste. You can also substitute this for apple pie spice if you have that on hand.
How to make apple pie smoothie?
To make this smoothie recipe, you'll need four ingredients and a high-speed blender. A food processor will work but your smoothie will be creamier made in a high-speed blender. Feel free to use whichever one you prefer.
Place bananas, chopped apples into a high-speed blender. Add cinnamon and almond milk (or other plant-based milk) to a blender.
Blend on high for 60 seconds or until you've reached desired consistency. If it's too thick simply add more almond milk!
Pour into glasses & enjoy! Serve with a straw, topped with a pinch of cinnamon, and garnish with an apple slice. If you'd like to make it sweeter or more filling, top with your favorite granola and fresh fruit.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly:
- Before making this smoothie, make sure your bananas are ripe enough. If too ripe, the drink might be overly sweet. Ripe bananas with just a few black dots are perfect for these types of drinks though! However, if you like how sweet your smoothies come out then feel free to adjust accordingly since that does depend on personal preference as well.
- To prepare, mix properly so there aren't any lumps left in the blender or food processor (high-speed ones work best), blend long enough until everything becomes creamy and blended together nicely without having chunks throughout.
- You can also add less milk to make it thicker or more for a thinner smoothie. Everyone has different tastes so feel free to adjust how much milk you add depending upon whether or not you prefer thicker or thinner drinks.
What to serve with this recipe:
You can serve this smoothie as is or in a bowl with your favorite granola, sliced apples, and a pinch of cinnamon.
Other breakfast recipes you might like:
How to store?
The best way to store smoothies is in a glass container with an airtight lid. This will keep it fresh for up to 2 days.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Apple Pie Smoothie
- High-speed blender
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- Add bananas, chopped apples into a high-speed blender. Add cinnamon and almond milk.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds or until you've reached desired consistency. If it's too thick simply add more almond milk!
- Pour into glasses & enjoy! Serve with a straw, topped with a pinch of cinnamon, and garnish with an apple slice. If you'd like to make it sweeter or more filling top with your favorite granola and fresh fruit