Amaretto ice chocolate, sweet and delicious vegan Christmas candy. It requires 4 ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to make.
Ice chocolate is a candy originating in Germany, but very popular during Christmas in Sweden and Denmark. It's only a few weeks until Christmas, so this is the perfect time for trying this chocolate recipe out.
Despite the name, ice chocolate has nothing to do with ice, but instead, it means that chocolate melts very easily because of the content of coconut fat.
If you never have tasted ice chocolate be prepared for a melting sensation in your mouth.
My plan was to recreate the same recipe but with a little twist. Adding amaretto gives an extra taste that I feel that original recipe lacks.
How to make ice chocolate?
The procedure is very simple and takes just a few minutes to make this delicious dessert. You´ll need only four ingredients, a double boiler, and a mold.
For those unfamiliar with a double boiler, its a tool that consists of a saucepan filled with simmering water, and a metal or glass bowl fitted over the top of the saucepan.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
- 200 gr. (0,44 lb) dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- ca 30 almonds
- Chop the chocolate into pieces to ensure even melting.
- Fill the saucepan with hot water, enough water to provide heat, but not so much that a top pan touches the water
- Heat the water until it starts to simmer, add chopped chocolate and coconut oil into the saucepan on the top, and stir with a plastic spatula until the chocolate is melted.
- Add 2 tbsp. amaretto and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into molds. Decorate with one almond on the top.
- Let it cool down and place your ice chocolate in the fridge for a few hours.