Last time I was at Ikea I ate vegan walnut banana bread that was delicious. I wanted to recreate this banana bread and that’s how I got inspiration for this recipe.
This is not a copycat, just inspired by Ikeas bread. Important to emphasize this so you don’t expect it to taste exactly like Ikeas and get disappointed.
When you are craving something sweet but still want it to be healthy(-ish), this bread is what you are looking for. It´s not too sweet, but enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Or don’t take my word for it. Try it and let me know what you think.
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) walnuts + a handful to garnish
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) water
- 2 cups (4,8 dl) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lingonberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, place two peeled bananas and mash them using a fork.
- Add walnuts in a food processor and process until nuts are fine and evenly ground. Don't process too long or they will become oily.
- Add ground walnuts, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, water, and all-purpose flour to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Line the bottom of loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the pan, top with chopped walnuts and lingonberries, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test the bread with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.