Savory oatmeal with roasted brussels sprouts and broccoli is a quick and easy vegan breakfast recipe.
Brussels sprouts have never been something I like to eat. I tried a few times, so it’s not like I haven’t given them a chance, but I could never learn to like them. At least not until I tried to roast them. Roasting them has been a real game changer for me.
Everything tastes so much better when roasted. Why hasn’t anyone told me this earlier?
- 250 g (0,55 lb) brussels sprouts
- 250g (0,55 lb) broccoli
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup (2,4 dl)rolled oats
- 2 cups (4,8 dl) water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bottom off of brussels sprouts, trim off the outer leaves and slice sprouts lengthwise.
- In a mixing bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, a pinch of black pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the sprouts to a half of baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, toss chopped broccoli with 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, a pinch of black pepper to coat.
- Transfer to another half of baking sheet.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- While sprouts and broccoli are roasting, combine oats, water, and smoked paprika in a pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes, until desired consistency of oats.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the oats into two bowls. Top each bowl with roasted brussels sprouts and broccoli.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.