I’ve been away from my blog for a while because you know, life happened.
I had a baby girl a few weeks ago, and she is taking up all of my time. You all mamas out there knows what I’m talking about.
I barely have time to eat, and recipe developing is a bit behind. But it’s not like I’ve been consistent with my posts before, and I’m probably not going to post consistently for a while either.
Roasting vegetables is a perfect way to make dinner without having to be in the kitchen the whole time.
This recipe takes about half an hour to prepare. Perfect for when short in time.
I don’t know why I haven´t used the oven more often. What I do know is that from now on, it will be used more frequently and that my oven and I are at the beginning of our love relationship.
Roasting food in an oven can be a lifesaver for busy parents. I know it will be my lifesaver at least.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 120g (4,2 ounces) tahini paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100 ml (½ cup) lukewarm water
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ lemon, juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes, chop broccoli and red bell peppers.
- Add to a mixing bowl and season with sunflower oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add to a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, add chickpeas to a preheated frying pan with a tablespoon of oil, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Sautè over medium heat, stirring frequently, until starting to brown.
- Prepare tahini sauce. Whisk tahini paste, pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt and lukewarm water in a bowl until combined.
- Divide roasted vegetables and chickpeas between two serving plates. Drizzle with tahini sauce and serve.