No baked cacao coconut tart made under 15 minutes.
- few ingredients
If you ask me that is one perfect dessert.
Lately, I´ve been using coconut sugar a lot. And no, you can not use a substitute for coconut sugar in this recipe.
What coconut sugar does in this recipe is that it gives this tart a slight caramel taste that you won’t get if you substitute it with some other sugar.
A mixture of coconut milk, coconut sugar and cacao is what makes this recipe. The crust is not as important and can be replaced with, probably, any other sweet crust recipe.
I used dates in this crust, and I know that many people dislike them. If you are one of them, go ahead make the crust of digestive biscuits or graham crackers.
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 can, 13,5 oz (4 dl) coconut milk
- ½ cup (1,2 dl) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- dark chocolate and walnuts to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor mix together walnuts, dates and 1 tbsp cacao.
- Process until combined, but still crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan.
- Now make the filling. Put coconut milk, coconut sugar, arrowroot, and 1 tbsp cacao in a saucepan.
- Whisk together until no lumps remain.
- Bring the mixture to boil at medium heat, whisking constantly, until barely starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into your crust.
- Top with chopped walnuts and dark chocolate. (optional)
- Let it cool and then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let it set.