Garam masala coconut curry with chickpeas and cooked quinoa. I have been craving this dish för a while now.
I’ve been away from both cooking and this blog for a few weeks now, because of some health/pregnancy issues, and have missed it a lot. There is nothing better than a homecooked meal, and I missed experimenting in the kitchen. Or just to be able to do some grocery shopping.
Things are not back to normal yet, but I´ll try to do as much as my body allows me, while I’m waiting for the baby to arrive.
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) quinoa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1½ tbsp garam masala, powder
- 1 tsp curry, powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried chili flakes to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat a large pan with a tbsp of olive oil and sauté chopped onion and tomatoes, on medium heat until soft.
- Add coconut milk, garam masala, curry and drained chickpeas to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked quinoa. Add a pinch of dried chili flakes to garnish your curry.