Curry chickpea stuffed baked sweet potatoes, healthy, gluten-free
Sweet potatoes are on the menu again. This time baked in the oven, stuffed with curry chickpea creamy sunflower seed filling.
Sunflower seeds are the new cashews. If you are allergic to nuts, you can still make creamy vegan sauces, using sunflower seeds.
Blending sunflower seeds in a high-speed blender with different spices and herbs and you’ll get amazing gluten-free and vegan sauces, spreads, soups, salad dressings, etc. They are neutral in taste and therefore versatile.
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soaking the sunflower seeds for a couple of hours will make them easier to blend.
For more creamy sunflower seed and cashew based sauces, check out our Creamy tomato basil pesto pasta, Zucchini pasta with chashew bell pepper sauce or Savory crepes filled with mushrooms and cashew cream.
Curry chickpea stuffed baked sweet potatoes
- 4 big sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) water
- ½ tsp turmeric ground
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup (3,6 dl) chickpeas cooked
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 210°C (410°F).
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle potatoes with some oil and rub the oil into potatoes. Sprinkle each potato with a pinch of salt.
- Flip the flesh side down and bake for 35 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a high-speed blender, add sunflower seeds, water, ground turmeric, curry powder, white miso paste, white wine vinegar. Salt and black pepper to taste. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add finely chopped red onion and diced bell pepper into a mixture and stir until combined.
- Place baked potatoes to a serving plate and lightly mash the cooked insides, with a fork.
- Spoon the filling into the potatoes and garnish with some chopped parsley (optional).
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.