Back in the time when I was a meat eater I was a crockpotter pro. I filled zip lock bags with all the ingredients for at least ten different recipes and had them in the freezer. That way I was never out of food. Only thing I needed to do was to make sure I remember taking out the bag out of the freezer and let it thaw a bit before adding it to a crock pot, start it and let the pot do all the magic.
The slow cooker was a life savior at that time.
Now when I’m a vegan, I find it easier (easier than adding all the ingredients in a pot, starting it and letting a pot doing all the job haha) cooking without a slow cooker. I find cooking without meat much faster, and it takes less effort to prepare vegan food than it takes to wash a big pot that weights a lot. Well, that’s probably the biggest reason why I’m not using a crock pot more often.
Maybe I should start using it more often again. We´ll see.
- 1 cup (2,4 dl)quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) green lentils, dry
- 1 yellow onion, medium size, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 ½ cups (6 dl) water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp curry
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker (crock pot) and stir well until incorporated.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and black pepper to taste.