Creamy tomato basil pesto pasta recipe for those days when you want food ready in minutes. Or when you actually want to order, but know that it´s cheaper and healthier to make it yourself. Or maybe just lazy like I am some days.
Hey, everybody has those days. Don’t judge.
For this recipe, you will need a high-speed blender or food processor. It works best with the high-speed blender, because your pesto will be creamier, but it´s okay to use a food processor too. In a food processor pesto is going to be chunkier, but still delicious.
And don’t forget to taste your pesto and add more salt if needed.
Another pesto recipe you might like to try, this quick and easy pesto recipe.
- 250 gr (0,5 lbs) fusilli pasta
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 cup (2,4 dl) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ lemon, juice
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add sunflower seeds, oil, crushed tomatoes, tomato purée, salt, black pepper, lemon juice and basil in a high-speed blender or a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt or basil if needed, and blend again.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the pesto in a large bowl.
- Top with sunflower seeds for some crunchiness and garnish with basil leaves.