If you are a fan of spicy food, this creamy sweet potato gratin may be perfect for you.
But important to know, this recipe is preeetty spicy. You can try using less sambal oelek to tone down the dish.
Lately, I’ve been cooking a lot with sweet potatoes. I didn’t use to enjoy sweet potatoes as much as I do now. They’re versatile, filling and (maybe most important) bigger, and that means easier to peel. Yes, I’m lazy.
And of course, they are filled with nutrients. If we compare sweet potatoes with white potatoes, with more fiber, more vitamin C, and more than a daily recommendation of vitamin A, sweet potatoes are the winner.
- 700g (1½ lb) sweet potatoes
- 300g (0,6 lb) carrots
- 1 medium-size cooking onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 dl (0,8 cup) plant-based creme fraiche
- 4 dl (1,6 cup) plant-based cooking cream
- 2 tsp samba oelek
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- Heat oven to 230℃ (440-450℉)
- Peel potatoes and carrots. Slice both potatoes and carrots about 3 mm (1/8 inch).
- Chop onion. Add onion, potatoes, and carrots to an ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl mix cremé fraiche, cooking cream, samba oelek, and marjoram. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over potatoes and bake for 45-50 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.