Winter is coming.
It’s the season of comfort food, curries, casseroles, soups, etc.
The sweetness of the carrots and the heat of the horseradish makes this creamy carrot horseradish soup a perfect comfort food for winter and the cold weather that is coming.
Horseradish is one of the underrated ingredients. It has some beneficial effects on our health, and if you ask me, it should be used more often in recipes. It is rich in dietary fibers, folate, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese and vitamin C.
In other words, perfect for fighting colds, and strengthening the immune system.
Another soup recipe you might like: Green Pea Soup.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ kg (1,1 lbs) carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 ½ cup (6 dl) water
- ½ tsp horseradish, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice carrots and potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add diced carrots and potatoes and sauté for a few minutes, but don´t let them brown.
- Add in one vegetable stock dice and water. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Use an immersion blender or high-speed blender to purée the soup.
- Add grated horseradish and blend.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or horseradish for more intense horseradish flavor.
- Garnish with garden cress or other sprouts (optional).