Lately, I’ve been craving big hearty salads, a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits. And that’s great because I’m trying to eat as healthy as possible, and get all necessary nutrients for my baby and me. (Yes, I’m pregnant and yes I’m still vegan.)
This couscous kale salad with tahini sauce combines all my favorite things at the moment: couscous, kale, tomatoes, chickpeas and tahini sauce.
I love tahini sauce so much I could drink it straight out of a bowl instead of eating it. I wouldn’t recommend drinking it thou.
What is so amazing about this salad is that it takes only 10 ingredients and not more than 20-30 minutes making it. What you get is a fresh, healthy and satisfying salad with tasty and creamy tahini sauce.
- 4 dl ( 1 ½ cups) whole grain couscous
- 4 dl (1 ½ cups) boiled water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ lemon, juice
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 100 g (3,5 ounces) kale
- 250 g ( 8,8 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 230 g (8,1 ounces) cooked chickpeas
- 120g (4,2 ounces) tahini paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 ml (½ cup) lukewarm water
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ lemon, juice
- Start with boiling 4 dl (1 ½ cup) water. In a big bowl mix 4 dl (1 ½ cup) whole grain couscous, 1 tsp salt, pour over boiling water, cover with a plate and set aside.
- Chop kale and tomatoes.
- Season the couscous with juice from a half of a lemon and ½ tsp lemon pepper.
- Add chopped kale, tomatoes, and cooked chickpeas, and mix all together.
- Whisk tahini paste, pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt and lukewarm water in a bowl until combined.
- Serve your couscous salad topped with tahini sauce.
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, don’t be afraid to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions. And if you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you want to stay updated follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.